The Blue Bunny Books and Toys
Through May 22nd
Poetry Contest at The Blue Bunny
In celebration of National Poetry Month, The Blue Bunny will be hosting a poetry contest for all ages:
Early writers (up to age 7)
- Middle-grade (ages 8-12)
- Teens (13-17) and
- Adult (18+)
Drop off poems at The Blue Bunny by Friday May 22nd.
Our top winner will be published in our own Hutch Magazine!
Other prizes too!
Saturday May 2nd, all day
National Independent Bookstore Day
The nine regional independent bookseller associations across the country are working together to collaboratively support a national Independent Bookstore Day on May 2, 2015. With assistance from their regional associations, bookstores from coast to coast will be welcoming customers in for entertainment, goodies, and specially created literary items. The Blue Bunny will be participating with the following special programs:
- 11-noon: Author Nancy Tupper Ling will be visiting to “toast” Independent Bookstore Day with her book TOASTS.
- 11-2 pm: Blue Bunny proprietors and authors Peter H. Reynolds and Paul A. Reynolds will be operating a video-booth for IBD customers to give a one-minute pitch for their favorite books.
- 2-3 pm: Local folksinger Tom Smith will be on-hand for free stories and songs to celebrate the day.
- All day: Limited edition merchandise, special for Independent Bookstore Day, including a new Peter Reynolds print, will be available.
- All day: Launch of a Blue Bunny scavenger hunt game that will run through the month of May.
- All day: Refreshments and special prizes.
Saturday May 30th, 3-5 p.m.
Young Adult Author Panel Discussion and Booksigning
We had so much fun at our March YA Author event, we're going to do it again! Join us on Saturday May 30th and meet 6 awesome YA authors all in one spot for conversation, Q & A, a booksigning and super-fun time! Meet Jen Brooks, Lori Goldstein, Lee Kelly, Trisha Leaver, Diana Renn and Elissa Sussman! All welcome.